WIN two of our brand new salts.
We recently went exploring at the back of our cavernous, damp basement storeroom and discovered an unopened chest. Inside were two salts. One as black as midnight,the other tinged with a mossy green.
As these bottles weren't labeled, we have no idea which tears produced this salt. Salt made from tears of… Fear? Dread? Seasickness? We don’t know.
That’s why we’re asking all monsters, and humans we suppose, to help identify the emotion and name our new salts. As a thank you, the winner will receive one of each of our mysterious new salts and see their answer printed on our bottles and stocked in store.
Talons at the ready!
The best tears to be harvested are generally from fairly short emotions such as fear or sorrow. So when pondering the emotion for these salts remember that the it should be no longer than 12 characters.
It could be one or two words long. For instance Igor, our esteemed shop manager, thinks they may be salt made from tears of ‘sweaty dread’ or ‘heartbreak’.
We know that these salts are definitely not from our current range which feature ‘Salt made from tears of...’
Know the answer?
If, like Igor, you think you have a name for our salts, see how to enter below. All entries will be judged by the humans at Studio Weave.
You can make up to two suggestions, one for each salt, per monster/person. Exceptions can be made for multiple headed monsters on application.
- Smoke signals. All smoke signals made by the full moon at midnight will be interpreted and recorded by our shop staff.
- In person. Visit us on Hoxton Street and add your entry to our competition box
- Snail Mail. Send a postcard with your name and contact details to Salt Competition, 159 Hoxton Street Monster Supplies, Hoxton Street, London, N1 6PJ
Terms and conditions apply (please see below). Competition ends at midnight on 7th May 2015. Psychic and/or time travelling monsters may not apply.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition opens at 9am on the 1st April 2015. All entries must be received by midnight on the 7th May 2015.
- The competition is free to enter and there is no purchase necessary.
- One person may make up to two entries, equivalent to one per salt. All entries must follow the brief and may be disqualified if found to be in breach of the requirements such as being over the 12 character suggestion length or suggesting a name that would cause offence to the general public.
- Entries can be made in person at Hoxton Street Monster Supplies, via Twitter, Facebook email or postcard. No postcard entries will be returned.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to Hoxton Street Monster Supplies owning all copyright and other intellectual property rights to your entry.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to be named in any publicity created by Hoxton Street Monster Supplies, Ministry of Stories or their partner agency Manifest, surrounding the competition.
- If the same name is entered by more than one person, and that name is chosen as a winner, all entries will be credited via publicity but one only one person, chosen via a draw, will be sent the new salts.
- The winner(s) will be decided by Studio Weave the week of 11th May 2015. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- If a winner(s) of the competition is appointed, they will receive one celery salt and charcoal salt with the label featuring their entry. This will be received within 12-weeks of the closing date of the competition. This is non exchangeable and there are no cash alternatives to the prizes.
- Winners will be notified by social media or email/phone, depending on the medium by which they entered the competition.
- The competition is being run by Hoxton Street Monster Supplies, 159 Hoxton Street, London N1 6PJ